May 1, 2010
Flight time was not that much longer than just 1 hour and 10 minutes from Kathmandu. As If I am in domestic flight. But reality is I was in international flight. On that day when I left Kathmandu thousands of people in red-shirt were passing through the street in Kathmandu chanting slogan against government. I thought I should have postponed my traveling day to Dhaka but it was not in my hand as I had to reach there at any cost, so instead of waiting in home I dared to go to airport despites road was blocked everywhere by cadres of CPN Maoist. On the way to airport rally made my taxi stopped, I scared thinking if someone stone at my taxi, however, I had no option than to reach airport in time. I, when reached to airport, came to know that flight time has changed which I am not able to convey to the hotel in Dhaka, but later I received the call from hotel as pick up van was waiting in Dhaka airport. Finally I say my wife bye and flew high to reach Dhaka.
The thing made me surprised when I boarded Biman Bangladesh I saw more than 90% passengers on that plane were Nepali going to Malaysia. I found almost all travelers were boarding for the first time, leaving country with a great hope of earning a lot of money in foreign land, and bring that back to home. From whom I talked to knew why he was going Malaysia is to earn good amount of money. Why did he need much money to earn? He answers 'he has a dream of getting married after he got back from Malaysia, but he couldn't earn money if he didn't leave country.' I came to know from him that his elder brother has also left home for Gulf country, and now he also decided to go leaving his old parents alone at home in Saptari. This was not the story he told me but it was a story of almost all youth who were going to Malaysia dreaming they will have bright future once they have money. But pity thing I noticed from the behavior they showed in the plane that they even haven't been told how to do the safe travel. They were behaving as if they don't know even miner things. Cabin crew in entire flight were requesting them take a sit belt, don't move, so on and on, it seemed to me that they were just listening that but not accepting. Everyone was sticking their hand at ring bell, no body know what is the purpose of the button seen there in the plane.
Yes, finally, I am landed. I saw vehicle waiting for me. I saw a person waving hand for me, with beautiful smile he was welcoming me. Finally I entered in to the city of Dhaka.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Archive